Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Del.icio.us

At last, an Internet application that I can actually see myself using. I think being able to access your bookmarks from any PC is a great idea. That said, the idea of everyone else being able to see my bookmarks seems a bit too much (and I am not particularly concerned about privacy issues). Although if I use an obscure enough name no one will know who I am. As far as the use of the tags go, isn't it just reinventing 'indexing', which we as librarians have been using for years.

1 comment:

Ripley said...

Now herself - you are not a dinosaur and stop mentioning your age. Just because you are not embracing all the new things we are learning about does not mean you can't do your job well. We are just being presented with new ideas. They won't all be implemented at once. Anyway, your time was not wasted - you can now do a brain scan!